I’m spending most of my time walking around Budapest and touring around beautiful Hungary. I’m amazed to see that my country attracts more and more tourists every year. Yes, it’s a great thing. But at the same time it’s overwhelming, too.
I’d like travellers to have the most perfect Budapest experience, and I have a few tips for you to consider to make sure your visit is enjoyable and is good for our city and our people, too, leaving some living space to the Budapesters.
- Support local businesses: hire a local guide, eat local, drink local.
- Instead of doing bus tours take public transportation and walk.
- Forget about guide books and the must-see attractions. Try and discover the city for yourself.
- Don’t invade specific baths/museums/bars/restaurants. It’s so sad to see that local people can no longer go to these places because they are overcrowded.
- Don’t do anything you wouldn’t do back home.